Traditional kerala ayurveda treatment
Is basically a neuromuscular and orthopaedic science. Oil therapy or Snehana is an important part of marma chikitsa. Warm, medicated oils are applied in large amount all over the body, the medicated oils are used in specific body sites such as on the chakras and marma points or at specific trouble spots, the body is then massaged using these oils
Special Treatments in Ayurveda
A whole body massage with specific herbal oils to nourish and revitalize the body tissues and to allow the toxins to be removed from the cells. Anhyangam has much deeper and more far reaching effects using mineral oils and lotions. Abhyangam achieves deepest healing effects by naturally harmonizing Body – Mind & Spirit. This massage is performed by one therapist for one hour and is usually followed by a medicated steam bath (Swedana). It is one of the most rejuvenating.
Treatments of Ayurveda.
This is for persons with problems of obesity, diabetes, skin diseases etc. It is also good for stress relief, better blood circulation, nervous stimulation and muscle toning for general good health. It is also ideal for post delivery care.
- Improves blood circulation.
- Rejuvenates the whole body.
- Beautifies the skin.
- Delays aging.
- Induces sound sleep Promotes vitality Reduces stress.
Procedure developed in Kerala, which gives the effects of both Snehana and Swedana. It is considered as one among the Keraleeya Panchakarma Technique. Medicated oil is poured onto the body in continuous streams while being gently massaged by two therapists for 45 minutes to 60 minutes. It is extremely soothing and relaxing. It acts as a free radical scavenger, toning, strengthening and deeply rejuvenating the whole body. It is given after a course of Abhyangam.
This treatment is prescribed not only for Vata disorder but also for many other diseases like diabetes, blood pressure, fits, convulsions, paralysis etc. It is very effective in asthma and even in tuberculosis in early stages. This is mainly a lubricating treatment.
- Increases vitality and body immunity.
- Anti-aging and rejuvenating.
- Ensures better blood circulation.
- Alleviates the burning sensation in the body.
- A soothing and relaxing procedure.
- Prescribed in clinical conditions like Paraplegia, Hemiplegia and other Vata dominant ailments.
This is the most important of all external use of Snehana (oil application). Certain lukewarm ayurvedic / herbal oils are poured into a cap fitted on the head for 15 to 60 minutes per day according to the patient’s conditions for a period of 7 days. Its effects are marvelous in neuralgia, hemicarnia, optic atrophy, otalgia, deafness, facial paralysis and all diseases affecting the carnial nerves.
- Reduces Anxiety and Stress.
- Bestows liveliness to the organs. A clear voice and firm jaws and strength to the head.
- Reduces dryness of the mouth and nose.
- It is prescribed in clinical conditions like Head ache, Ear ache, humming in the ear and ailments connected with Vata in the head.
In this process specially prepared warm medicated oil is kept over the lower back with herbal paste boundary. This treatment lasts for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Relieves pain.
- Recommended in low back ache, spinal disorders etc.
Herbal leaves (Ila) or herbal powders (Podi) are applied to the whole body in boluses with hot medicated oils for 45 minutes per day for a period of 7 to 14 days.
- Relieves pain, Numbness and edema.
- Controls vitiated vita.
- Improves peripheral blood supply.
- Stimulate the nerve endings.
- In Osteoarthritis, Spondylosis, Sports injuries etc.
It is a process by which the whole body or any specific part thereof is made to perspire by the application of certain medical puddings externally in the form of boluses tied up in a muslin bag. This is applied by two to four masseurs for about 60 minutes per day for a period of 14 days.
This treatment is useful in all kinds of rheumatism, paralysis, polio, and congenital deformity of the limbs and dislocation of bones and joints etc.
- Strengthens the body.
- Rejuvenates the tissues.
- Gains body weight.
- Improves muscle tone.
A special treatment in which the eyes are bathed in a special herbal decotion. This procedure takes 15 minutes.
- Relieves the strain due to constant glaring to the computer & TV screen.
- Helps in preventing early formation of Cataract.
- Reduces pain and burning sensation in the eyes.
- Offers a good relaxation and cooling effect to the eyes.
- It is very useful in conditions like Dry Eye.
- Syndrome, Chronic Conjunctivitis, Corneal Ulcer and Glaucoma.
This is a specialized herbal treatment for weight reduction. A herbal paste or powder is applied all over the body and deeply massaged with specific movements by two therapists for one hour.
- Toning the skin & muscle after child birth.
- Removes Cellulite.
- Weight reduction.
- Imparts good complexion to the skin.
- Revitalizes the sense of touch.
- Removes Kapha toxins from the body.
Dhara is a method of Kerala special treatment. Many such distinctive and excellent forms of treatments, not practiced in the other parts of India are conducted by the Kerala Physicians. A continuous stream of medicated warm oil/herbal decoctions/medicated milk/buttermilk is poured onto the forehead for 35 to45 to minutes. This procedure often induces a mental state similar to a trance, which creates profound relaxation of the mind and body. It deeply relaxes and revitalizes the central nervous system. Shirodhara gives the best results when taken after an Abhyangam. Dhara is good for all ailments. Changing the liquid as per the Dosha condition, with necessary alterations in the procedure, is useful to alleviate any Dosha.
This special treatment is an effective remedy for mental diseases, headache, nervous disorders, insomnia, blood pressure, general weakness, urinary diseases and particularly in the diseases of organs above neck.
- Strengthens the Central nervous system (CNS).
- Strengthens the sensory organs.
- Reduces stress and anxiety.
- Decreases Hypertension.
- Offers a sound sleep.
- It is also prescribed in clinical conditions like Epilepsy, Diabetic neuropathy, Paralysis